Zipline Safari Tour with Outfitters Kauai
This Outfitters Kauai tour begins with a kayak adventure on the tranquil Hule'ia River (2 miles) . Next hike the footpaths through Kauai's tropical paradise. Next you will hop on the unique wagon for a fun ride to take in the sights of Kipu Ranch - including sights from the movies Raiders of the Lost Ark and Jurassic Park. Enjoy a delicious picnic lunch then get ready to zip line! Zip on the 800' zipline past the Haupu Mountains and treetops! Walk through a tunnel hand carved a century ago by Kipu Ranch cowboys. Traverse a rain forest valley on the suspension bridge. Share the zipline fun with a buddy on the 1800' tandem zipline. With the center dismount you can be "in flight" for over a quarter mile - 90 seconds of air time! Take a dip at the secluded wet and wild blue pool, the location of the water zipline. Hold on to the T-bar zipline, take a step, zip over the waters, let go and splash into refreshment! Take a short walk back to the riverside. Finally you can relax and think about the perfect day as Hawaiian style motorized canoes take you back. (This new tour doesn't include Kipu Falls)
Cold drinks, snacks, and a picnic lunch of a veggie or turkey sandwich
*Participants not ziplining will be taken by wagon to the hiking trailheads.
- Cold drinks and a hearty picnic lunch of turkey or veggie (roasted bell peppers) sandwich
Kipu Zipline Safari
- Where and When:
- Guests staying at Poipu area or west side resorts check in at Outfitters Kauai in Poipu at 7:15 am (or 10:00 am on Thursdays). Please call 48 hours prior to your tour to confirm your reservation and departure time. View Map for Outfitters Kauai in Poipu
Guests from east side or north shore resorts check in at the Kayak Shack at Nawiliwili Small Boat Harbor at 8:00 am (or 10:45 am on Thursdays). Please call 48 hours prior to your tour to confirm your reservation and departure time. View Map for Outfitters Kauai Kayak Shack
- In order to enjoy Hawaii Ziplining, you must be at least seven years old and weight under 275 lbs.
- Minimum zipline age is 7. Younger kids are welcome to take the tour, but will not be able to zip. Parents/Guardians are responsible for making sure younger kids can get along terrain or carrying them.
Maximum zipline weight is 275 pounds.
Participants must be able to walk 2 miles over uneven terrain and paddle in a tandem kayak for 60-90 minutes.
All participants must read and sign a voluntary release and waiver of liability prior to taking the tour.
- Special Notes:
- Be sure to bring shorts, a swimsuit, a t-shirt, light raincoat or windbreaker, footwear good for muddy conditions, a hat, sunscreen, a waterproof camera, and mosquito repellant. Each of these items can also be purchased at the Outfitters Kauai shop in Poipu. In order to enjoy the Zipline Safari Tour, you must be able to kayak for 60-90 minutes and walk two miles. For the Zipline Tour, you must be at least seven years old.
- Operation Days:
- Monday through Saturday.
Monday through Wednesday, Friday & Saturday tours are normally at the 7:15am/8:00am time.
Thursday tours are usually at the 10:00am/10:45am time.
- Approx. 8 hours
- Outfitters Kauai