Zipline Safari Tour with Outfitters Kauai
This Outfitters Kauai tour begins with a kayak adventure on the tranquil Hule'ia River (2 miles) . Next hike the footpaths through Kauai's tropical paradise. Next you will hop on the unique wagon for a fun ride to take in the sights of Kipu Ranch - including sights from the movies Raiders of the Lost Ark and Jurassic Park. Enjoy a delicious picnic lunch then get ready to zip line! Zip on the 800' zipline past the Haupu Mountains and treetops! Walk through a tunnel hand carved a century ago by Kipu Ranch cowboys. Traverse a rain forest valley on the suspension bridge. Share the zipline fun with a buddy on the 1800' tandem zipline. With the center dismount you can be "in flight" for over a quarter mile - 90 seconds of air time! Take a dip at the secluded wet and wild blue pool, the location of the water zipline. Hold on to the T-bar zipline, take a step, zip over the waters, let go and splash into refreshment! Take a short walk back to the riverside. Finally you can relax and think about the perfect day as Hawaiian style motorized canoes take you back. (This new tour doesn't include Kipu Falls)
Cold drinks, snacks, and a picnic lunch of a veggie or turkey sandwich
*Participants not ziplining will be taken by wagon to the hiking trailheads.
- Fun downwind kayak trip on the Huleia River
- Short walk to a beautiful area of waterfalls and swimming holes
where you can swing like Tarzan into a pristine freshwater pool
- Covered wagon ride across Kipu Ranch
- Visit a waterfall for a swim there
- Option of swinging on ropes tied to tree branches high above mountain pools
- Fun river cruise on board of a motorized Hawaiian canoe
- Picnic lunch of turkey or veggie (roasted bell peppers) wrap and a pasta salad
- Fresh baked cookie
- Cold bottled water and Hawaiian Sun fruit drinks
Kipu Zipline Safari
Kipu Safari Tour
- Where and When:
- Check-in is at 9:00 am. Return is at 3:15 pm.
Check in at the Kayak Shack at Nawiliwili Small Boat Harbor. View Map for Outfitters Kauai Kayak Shack
- In order to enjoy Hawaii Ziplining, you must be at least seven years old and weight under 275 lbs.
- Minimum zipline age is 7. Younger kids are welcome to take the tour, but will not be able to zip. Parents/Guardians are responsible for making sure younger kids can navigate the terrain or carry them.
Minimum zipline weight: 60 lbs (27 kg)
Maximum zipline weight: 275 pounds (124 kg)
Participants must be able to walk 2 miles over uneven terrain and paddle in a tandem kayak for 60-90 minutes.
All participants must read and sign a voluntary release and waiver of liability prior to taking the tour.
- Special Notes:
- Be sure to bring shorts, a swimsuit, a t-shirt, light raincoat or windbreaker, footwear good for muddy conditions, a hat, sunscreen, a waterproof camera, and mosquito repellant. Each of these items can also be purchased at the Outfitters Kauai shop in Poipu. In order to enjoy the Zipline Safari Tour, you must be able to kayak for 60-90 minutes and walk two miles. For the Zipline Tour, you must be at least seven years old.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
- Approx. 6 hours
- Outfitters Kauai